Below are ways to prevent the formation of Pterygium or reduce its progression.
- Protect your eyes from prolonged sun exposure.
- When outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat and UV-coated sun glasses to block harmful UV rays from the sun.
- Protect your eyes from dust, excessive wind, fumes, and other irritants.
- Treat dry eyes if the condition is present.
- The above precautions are especially important if you live in sunny areas or if you participate in outdoor activities such as skiing, fishing, or gardening.